My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Thursday, May 29, 2003

Isaac's first haircut...From me.

I'm a dead man.
Yesterday while my wife was at work, I was downstairs cleaning up a mess left by my children. My soon to be 4 year old, Isaac was upstairs. He was playing quietly so I wasn't to worried. Big mistake on my part. When Isaac's too quiet , part of my house is usually being destroyed.
Isaac found a pair of scissors in the bathroom , and decided to give himself a haircut.. I found out when he ran downstairs to show me.
A huge chunk of his hair was missing in the front.
Now that's not the bad part.
The BAD PART came when I decided to fix it. I thought," Ok. I'll take the hair cutting kit my wife has and trim it up."
Big mistake.
Catastrophic mistake.
I now have a nearly bald child.
It just wouldn't even up. I panicked and instead of stopping, I plunged ahead.
Good God there should be a warning on those things!
I'm talking cancer treatment bald here.
My oldest suggested we super glue the hair back on, and for one insane second I considered it.
"NO" I told Ethan." there are times when we just have to face the music, and take what's coming to us. There are times we have to admit we screwed up." He agreed.
Which is good, because the minute my wife wakes up I'm telling her that Ethan did this to Isaac.
One day I hope, they will both forgive me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home