My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

The First Of Many "Rose is Evil" Blogs Is Here

Lately people have noticed that I've made many comments about my sister that are less then..........Kind. It's been noted that I've never really showed her doing anything that terrible. In point of fact whenever I mention her she's usually faring worse then I am .
Rose never shot me in the back.
Rose never shut a poorly built French door on my arm.
Rose never walked me into an electric fence
Rose never convinced me Martians were invading our planet.
Rose did not blow up my model airplanes.
Rose never used me as target practice .
Yet I have constantly referred to her with such expressions as," I knew under that smile of hers lay a black heart of pure evil." A few people have asked me why I have done that without showing any reason why.
The answer is simple.
I know underneath Rose's smile is a black heart of pure evil.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Why do I do it? Let me tell you a story.
By the time Rose was 17 she had ran away from home over 20 times. All she was interested in was a good party. I couldn't care less if she ran away. In point of fact I had a little ritual everytime she left. I took over her room. I would move my stuff in and her stuff to my old room. She would get mad every time she came back and demanded I move her stuff back. I'd laugh in her face and tell her to just run away again.
Dad always had the police keep an eye out for Rose when she would run away. Most of the police in the area all owed Dad a favor or two and were more then willing to help him. One night they picked Rose up at a party drunk off her ass and with a pocket full of marijuana. This was very embarrassing to Dad (being a alcohol and drug counselor after all), and he became very angry. As a favor to Dad the cops didn't press any charges.
I remember Rose being brought home that night. John and I sat in the living room waiting for Rose to get yelled at. I had the old push mower from Cambridge all ready for Rose to start mowing with. (We lived at the private park at this time. It had a much larger area to mow then Cambridge ever did.) Dad had barely started to yell when Rose began crying that she couldn't help it. She told Dad she was an alcoholic and drug addict. Rose begged Dad for help.
And Dad bought it.
I was stunned. Instead of being punished Rose was signed up for A.A. meetings. Rose attended faithfully for one week before she started skipping out to go partying with friends. Rose was no more an addict then I was, but she knew that was Dad's weak point. What really got me was when she would laugh at how gullible my Dad was.
I told Dad that Rose was deceiving him. He didn't believe me and made me mow the yard for trying to get Rose in trouble. Rose was enraged that I told on her. While I was out mowing someone planted two beer cans under my bed, and arranged for Dad to find them. When I finished mowing I found out I was in more trouble then when I began.
I told Dad it wasn't my beer." I don't even drink that crap", I told him. Geno and John even backed me up. Geno told Dad I wasn't cool enough to have beer cans hidden in my room. Dad ignored them. I was punished for having the beer, and Geno and John were punished for trying to protect me.
I spent my summers swimming in the lake where we lived at. As a result my eyes were almost always bloodshot. Rose told Dad she saw me smoking marijuana. Dad of course believed her. (Just for the record I never drank until I was 20 and even then it was just mixed drinks , and I have never done any drugs. Ever.) I was punished even more.
Rose knocked on my door that night after my parents went to bed. Smiling she told me that I would never win against her. Three days later she ran away again.
Lets review. Rose runs away from home for the 20th time. She gets arrested for drug possession . The police as a favor for Dad drop it. Rose punishment ? One week of AA meetings.
I tell Dad Rose was playing him. Not only am I not believed but I'm punished for drinking and smoking pot.
A helpless little girl? Hardly. .She had us outnumbered. Rose may not have have won every battle she got into with us, but after a while she made sure that they weren't worth winning for anyone.
When Rose fought back it was with a scorched earth policy.
I wasn't even in her league.





Perhaps EVIL is a little strong.
Or Perhaps Not
I don't really think my sister is evil. When I say things like that please keep in mind that I'm writing from the point of view of a boy whose chief nemesis became his sister. My world view was shaped in part by the constant fight between my sister and myself. Sadly some of that still creeps into my writing today.
I don't want this blog to turn into let's run down my sister. She's human after all too.


But since I'm writing under a banner of Rose is evil here's one for the road.

Three years ago she served her dopey husband with divorce papers on ST. Valentines Day. The beautiful part was she waited until they exchanged gifts. He gave her something nice ( I don't remember what), she gave him an envelope with the divorce papers and orders to leave the house that night. He turned into a ball of crying jello.
I told him, "Man this is the best thing to ever happen to you. Really. Run while you can."
He didn't. Two weeks later he got a job making almost twice the money he was making ,while keeping him out of town for 5 nights a week. On that same day Rose remembered that her love for him was great, and she let him move back home.

Valentines Day? That's just cruel. Especially since she had it planned like that for a few weeks.
Anyway in order to make her more of a balanced person , I'll try to find something nice to say about her tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home