My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Thursday, October 16, 2003

OK, Maybe Rose isn't Evil So Much As She's Just Nuts

The Events that I'm writing about in Cambridge that took place in 1973 are true. There are no easy answers for some of the things that I witnessed or experienced. I've had John or Geno tell me one time or another of something that happened to them there. But since I have no direct knowledge of the events that they told me about I will not include it here.
There will be two events that I didn't see that I will discuss. The first starting tomorrow involves Rose and the second involved Dad. I will include those because even though Rose was alone at the time we all saw her reaction. I will just write about what happened afterwards and let you decide.
I will include something Dad told me only once. Dad told me this years after the event and long after he quit drinking. My Dad isn't the type of person who believes in things that can't easily be explained. (For that reason he's still not sure if I exist) For Dad to tell me even once makes me lend some credibility to it.
And no. He wasn't joking or playing a prank. This is the sort of thing he would never and has never joked about. My Dad may have a perverse sense of humor but there are some places he just doesn't go.
Rose presents other problems. You see since we moved out of that house Rose likes to think she's at the center of some supernatural nexus. She once thought her daughter was the reincarnation of a deceased friend of mine. She's been convinced her house was haunted many times. One time she even hired demon hunters to drive the evil spirits away. They told her that all they could do was drive the spirits into the water bed. They told her it was an evil bed and shouldn't be used.
She sold me the bed for $20.
What's funny is that when the "demonic " activity continued the demon hunters told her it was because she drained the water bed and released the spirits again. She once again hired them to drive the spirits away.
When I was at her house late one night I discovered the source of the demonic activity. Behind Rose's house is a car wash. Late at night the local teenagers hang out there and play music and talk. When Rose has all her windows up she can't understand what's being said or where it's coming from. So Rose is nuts for believing her house is haunted.
She's also evil for selling me a demonic bed.
So Rose has credibility issues.
I will include what she saw that late summer night in 1973 because other events support it.
I've really been wrestling with the question of what to write about here. When I've told the story to my friends thoughout the years I've left out huge chunks of it. I've made it into a simple haunted house story , and it's not. I'm not sure what type of story it is , but in the end I don't believe it is a ghost story. In the end it's not a very funny story either.
There will be 1 or 2 blogs that will be devoid of humor entirely.
I'm nervous about writing them. I wish I could skip it almost entirely. During the last 30 years I've summed those 1 or 2 blogs up into 1 or 2 sentences. Almost as if they were a punchline to a joke.
My sons Ethan and Isaac deserve more the punchlines. And if they want to know their family they need to know this story is more then just a ghost story.
Whenever I've told my friends about Cambridge during the last 30 years I've made it into a ghost story because that's the easier story to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home