My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Monday, December 01, 2003

It Seems Like Only Yesterday I Was Young

16 minutes ago I turned 39.
.......................................................sigh..............................
I'm too young to be 39.
39 years ago today there was a snowstorm in Iowa where I was born.(Probably natures way of reacting to me) Dad was drunk and forgot what my name was supposed to be. My brother John was upset I was born on December 1st. His birthday is December 2nd. He told me that I thereafter ruined every birthday. (Good)
The night I was born was the first time Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer was ever shown on television.
Other birthday moments to remember;
Rose baked me a cake for my 12th birthday that sent me to the hospital with food poisoning later that night.
I asked Angie to marry me when she took me out to celebrate my 28th birthday.
I threw my own surprise party for my 23rd birthday.
I spent my 19th birthday alone because I was snowed in at the park we lived at.
For my 16th birthday my nephew Kris gave me what he said was the "greatest gift of all. LOVE." He has attemped to give me this gift each year after.
For my 25th birthday my brother John wanted to show me what being a man was all about and took me to a strip joint. I introduced him to my girlfriend who was dancing at said bar and all her friends who worked there. John did not speak to me for over a year.
For my 15th birthday Dad took everyone out to Pizza Hut to celebrate my birthday. He didn't realize untill after they had all got there that he had left me back home.
On my 29th birthday I was laid off.
On my 22nd birthday a girl I was engaged to broke up with me. ("Happy freaking birthday honey")
On my 6th birthday my Mom took me to the local kids show "Captain Ernie's Steamboat" When Ernie invited me in front of the camera for a "birthday wish" segment I screamed until I was pulled off the stage.
I've gotten many gifts in my life. Some good, some bad (I'm looking in your direction Mark). But my greatest gift was on my 10th birthday. (However Angie Starving herself for a month to get me a christmas gift is a pretty damn close second)
Anyway I'm going to try and celebrate today that I'm one year closer to my ever impending DEATH so I'll blog about that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home