My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Thursday, December 11, 2003

PRIDE

Sometimes you get news that you just want to shout out for the world to hear. Something good and nice . A pleasant change from ,"Hey my house burned down for the second time", or "I just met the Playmate of the Year, and not realizing it was her insulted her over her looks", or "The worst part about getting a needle in your eye is you can't look away."
In the fair town of Kewanee where I've settled down after moving more then 30 times in my life(honestly) , they have just consolidated all the grades into one school. What I mean by that is that All the kindergarden kids go to one school, all the 1st and 2nd grade kids go to another, all the 3rd grades go to yet another and 4th grade though 8th is in one school. This is a change from before when we had 5 different K-8th grade schools in this town.
Anyway my son Ethan is in 5th grade. A month or so ago they tested all the 5th graders reading levels. Yesterday they got the results. Out of every 5th grade student in the Kewanee school system (And remember some of these kids are on their third try at 5th grade!) Ethan scored the highest in his reading. My son reads at a high school level!
I am more proud then words can tell.
Now if only I could get him to listen at a high school level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home