My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Happiness is a Stuffed Animal

Wow. Talk about Great Gifts.
I've mentioned we have had two fires since my wife and I were married. The last one was by far the worst. We lost at least 90% of all our belongings. I'll write about it the closer we get to Christmas as for some reason it makes a nice holiday story.
Anyway after the fire one of the surprising things was most of our photo's survived. Some did not but most did.
Sadly I thought for the last two years that one photo in particular did not survive.
I wrote in my Oct 1st 2003 post that everytime Steve's girlfriend (and future wife) came over I would dress up nice in a suit jacket , hat and (clip on ) tie. One day Dad took my picture while I was dressed up waiting for Kathy . I'm holding my favorite stuffed animal Tony. Tony saw me though some of my saddest days while I was in the hospital after Steve shot me.
This picture was and always has been by far my favorite ever taken of me. I have an incredible sentimental attachment to it. After our second fire I thought it was lost.
But just a short while ago while looking for some more photo's to post I found it. A little worse for the wear but intact. Words can not describe how happy I am to see it. Losing it was on of the reasons I wanted to write stuff down for my kids. So that no more of their history would be lost.
Anyway here it is. To you it's just some photo of a kid looking like a dork. To me it's every happy memory of my childhood rolled into one. When one day comes and I edit this all together as a book for my kids this will be on the cover.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home