My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Sorry haven't post in a few days. Been getting ready for Christmas and other things. Tonight is Ethan's Christmas program. Also my brother John's wife and two small daughters are up visiting. John is in Iraq. Part of his company (The 4th ID out of Colorado ) were the guys who got Saddam. I'm sure John wasn't there that day.

Don't worry I have a few more funny blogs coming up. I'll write about my second fire , then I'll go back to 1975 and write about my one and only trip to summer camp. After that there's nothing funny left in my life.
Other then Mark.

Race Mixing
But since I have a few more moments to write may I say something about how vile I've always thought U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond to be. He spent years fighting against "Race mixing". Turns out in his younger days (1925 to be roughly right) he did a bit of mixing of his own.
Then he spent a good deal of the next 40 years making sure his daughter didn't have the same rights as he. He did everything in his power to make sure that black people were second class citizens. At the same time he kept telling her what a great daughter she was.
But here's what makes him a truly vile person. He didn't say those things because he believed it. He said and did the things he did in order to stay in power, first as a Governor then as a US Senator. When he saw the winds of civil rights he changed his tune again. Again only to stay in power.
I can't think of a nice thing to think about the old coot.
Wait I know one nice thing.
He's dead.


My wife tells me I'm too judgemental at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home