My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Monday, April 26, 2004

The Passion Of Teddy
This has nothing to do with anything, but in a life full of strange events this was just plain .......weird.
In the summer of 1984 my friend Tim and I were driving around killing some time before I had to head home for the day. We took some back roads and ended up out in the country by some farms we had never been by before.
As we were driving Tim got a strange look on his face. He slowed the car down and pulled over by the side of the road.
"What is it?" I asked.
Tim said nothing. He got out of the car with that same strange expression on his face. He seemed to be staring right above himself. I thought maybe Tim was having some weird religious experience or something. I got out and looked in the direction Tim was.
There hanging from the top of a telephone pole in front of me was a Teddy Bear. It looked as if the Bear had been crucified to the pole.
"Whoa", I said. "That's just messed up."
Tim pulled the car closer so we could stand on the hood and try to reach the poor Bear. As Tim was standing on his tip toes about to reach up and grab the Bear, a old man came running out of the house down the road from us. In his hand was a shotgun.
"Get away from that Bear!", he shouted. He aimed the rifle straight in the air and fired one shot off. Tim and I scrambled back in the car and peeled out never looking back.
I never had the courage to go back and look for Teddy. I've often wondered what that Bear did to piss that old farmer of like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home