My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Friday, March 25, 2005

Religion
I love Easter.
Even for more than just the memory of chocolate Jesus. (see last years Easter blog)
No I love this time of year because it's always a nice time to reflect on God and his plan for me.
Sadly that plan seems to involve sneaking over to my house while I'm sleeping and burning it down. There was also his sick little joke last year of having my wife who hates Star Wars get addicted to a Star Wars on-line massive multi role playing game and running off with some guy she met there. Of course she ran away after she married him in the game.
And I understood it. I knew that God asked himself, "What would be the most ironic way to end Tom's marriage?" And while I'm sure Satan had a nice little reply about me being eaten by a runaway circus Bear on a tricycle ,God thought the whole Star Wars gag was funny and went with that.
Nope God and I get along.
As long as I stay more then 1000 yards away from him per the restraining order he took out on me.
What I can't stand are other people telling me what God is thinking or what his plan is for me. I've really started to despise much of organized religion.
This whole Terri Schiavo thing for instance pisses me off. Somehow the religious right has made this their Cause Of The Day.
I have an opinion on the subject. A strong one. And it doesn't matter one damn bit what it is.
It's a family matter.
We, the news, the government, and the media shouldn't be in it.
They've turned this woman's death into a circus, all promoting whatever cause they believe in and attaching it to this poor brain dead woman.
And make no mistake. She's a vegetable. Her brain has the thickness of a good soup.
She's been gone for 15 years. She can't eat, can't drink, can't dream, can't feel pain, and certainly can't register to vote.
I know if it was me in that condition I'd certainly want to be let go. I told my now Ex Wife that. So I'm sure that if I was in that condition I'd hope she'd let me go.
(You know somehow I don't that would be a long decision on her part.)
But back to the point at hand.
In this circus you've got everyone from the Right To Life people somehow linking abortion to this, to every politician with a religious base tripping over themselves to make sure someone knows they tried to save this poor defenseless woman from a fate worse than life. Every person with any sort of cause that they can link to this woman is jumping in front of a TV Camera and screaming, "I'm here for Terri!" Meanwhile the husband is being cast as a vegetable beating murderer who just wants to knock off his loving wife. Apparently some of these nuts think that if he truly loved her and just kissed her she'd wake up. Of course these are the same people who think Science is just a lot of hocus pocus.
It actually scares me when I hear some of the stuff I hear these days. It reminds me of the days when astronomers told of a universe where the Earth wasn't in the center. Religious leaders wanted to hear nothing of it. Couple of people got branded as heretics for that and burned at the stake.
Of course we live in a much more enlightened age.
Of course that believe went flying out the window when they got John Edwards to speak as expert on Fox News.
No not the former VP candidate. The speaking to the dead guy from cable and the sci fi channel show.
God this is a scary time to live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home