My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Friday, May 28, 2004

Bear

Wow I've been pretty lazy in the past couple of weeks. Only posting a few old blogs and so forth.
Ethan's birthday turned out real well. He had many friends come over for his party and, ,most of his family. I got him a big white dog named Bear for his birthday. My hope is that Bear will become what Duke was to me. He seems to really love him.
I was also dealing with the approaching end of the school year. Trying to get everything ready for the kids this year.
I'm a somewhat different type of Father I guess then most parents. I look forward greatly to having the kids home. I'm always a little sad whenever I have to send them back to school because I won't spend that much time with them.
Isaac had his last day of Pre-School on Wed. I can't tell you how much I am proud of him for what he's accomplished this year. A year ago he had very little spontaneous speech. I remember being so happy that he said the color yellow about a year ago I bloged it. Now he chatters on constantly. He can indentify almost every color and his word usage has increased many times what it was. I still can't understand much of what he says, but he's forming some sentences and making his wishes known. He still has a long way to go, but his progress in my opinion has been great.
His social skills have also went though the roof. A year ago during his birthday party he hid in his room, because he was upset by all the people here. He waited till most were gone before he came back down.
This year during Ethan's party he played with Ethan's friends, and interacted with everyone here. I swear there was one point where he laughed for 30 minutes straight. During the upcoming summer break I hope to work with him and see him progress even more. I write the story of my life here in the very great hope that one day Isaac will be reading it to his kids one day.
Anyway I'll try and post more. I have many more things I'd like to write down here before I walk away and try to reedit it in a more readable form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home