My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Friday, June 11, 2004

ego and SUPER EGO

When I was a young man (16) I would often say, "I am Hernandez. That is enough!" in a dramatic way. (usually in a equallly dramatic Peter Pan type pose with my hands on my hips) What's odd is it gave me some weird sort of confidence to get though whatever the crisis of the moment was.
Latelty I've found myself thinking it again. And again it's given me a weird sort of confidence. My ego so long buried seems to have resurfaced with a vengeance. It's like an old friend that has been gone for years, yet once back is so comfortable.
I hope he sticks around this time.
My vertigo flared up recently. I refused to let it get the better of me and kept moving around thinking to myself, "I am Hernandez. This is nothing. I am Hernandez. That is enough to beat anything." I just wanted to make it though the day.
And not only did I make it though the day, I made it though the night and the next day as well.
I once saw a psychologist who told me that while I seemed to have no self esteem I had a huge Ego. I thought it was funny at the time.
But he was wrong. I was plenty of self esteem.
Just a lot more ego.
And pride in my family name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home