My Drivel


"If I'm going to have a past I'd prefer it to be multiple choice"............



Until you get caught up, it's important that you start at the bottom of the page and read your way up, otherwise the stories won't make sense. Send any comments or questions to :

thomas_hernandez2003@yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Actual Conversation
I was getting some gas earlier today. While I was there I picked up a newspaper. Standing in line I began looking at the front of it. There was an article about the new Iraqi government. Behind me was an older man in his mid 50's. He saw the newspaper and made a loud hmmmph noise. I ignored him. He again made another noise. I still ignored him. Finally he said, "That's all Bullshit. We shouldn't be messing around with those godless communist over there."
Damn.
You see my big weak spot, is when someone says something so outrageously stupid I feel the need to respond. I turned around and said (with a smile on my face), "Actually they're not communist at all. And they are very religious. Some might even say fanatical so."
" Hmmmph. It's all an act. We should just blow those damn communist away." He leaned very close to me. "Those Godless communist." He said it like he dared me to correct me.
I looked at him for a second. Part of me just wanted to tell him what an idiot he was. But the more mature part reliezed that he was an idiot when he came in and he was going to be an idiot when he left. And there would be nothing I could do about it.
So instead of correcting him I smiled, paid for my gas and newspaper, and started to leave. The Idiot smiled and said, "Bet you think you're not so smart now."
I stopped at the door and lowered my head. I let out a little sigh then turned and smiled back at him.
"Actually I was thinking you were an idiot when you came in, and you're going to be an idiot when you leave." I smiled even more. "But you have a great day."
And before he could say anything else I left.
Sometimes I wonder why people don't like me more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home